First Reef Tank

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by Scail, Feb 13, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ontop27

ontop27 Ritteri Anemone

It's a hammercoral which is an lps

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

2. Click Here!

3. Scail

Scail Astrea Snail

Perfect! That is exactly what it is!

Reading about it I see that I may not really want to keep that one either. I guess I have two things I need to return. I guess I could hold on to him until it gets bigger..

4. ontop27

ontop27 Ritteri Anemone

I had a hammer under pc lighting for over a year in a 24 gallon and it did fine and now my clownfish host it. I would say give that a shot and return the condy. Also it couldn't hurt to feed the hammer

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

5. Scail

Scail Astrea Snail

Just got back from the LFS. Returned the Anemone, chocolate starfish, hammer coral and two blue damsels. I didn't get much for it but I didn't expect much. My tank looks empty and it makes me sad.

I do kinda wish I had kept that hammer, but later on down the road if I think I need one I will get it.

6. brunoboarder244

brunoboarder244 Torch Coral

giant carribean sea anemone (condylactis gigantea) is a condi anemone if you look at its scientific name its just a nickname most people use here since its shorter and easier to type

7. brunoboarder244

bubble nems are much more suitable but i would just like to but in and say your tank really isnt ready for a nem yet, anemones are more for an established tank being between 6 months to a year old or older....instead of just saying that i will explain briefly why that is...although your cycle is finished your parameters will shift often until it has become mature and anemones are very delicate even to the slightest of shifts so they often will not make it but that is not always true but seeing that you are a newby and not an experience reefer the odds arent very high for it lasting past a few months

8. Click Here!

9. brunoboarder244

it looks like a hammer coral more than a frogspawn and its an LPS coral not an SPS