First reef tank build, 75 gallons

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by riverchel, Jul 30, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. riverchel

riverchel Astrea Snail

Thanks! I'm getting a little frustrated with things right now because my diamond goby decided to jump out of the quarantine tank last night. We taped a good amount of mesh covering to the top of the quarantine tank to keep that from happening, but I guess he found a loose end. Who knows.... Now we are going to try again with a cheaper fish. Everything else does fine, but fish are so difficult! UGH. One day we'll get it right....i hope..

Got a smaller quarantine (10 gallon) that came with a lid, so we're going to give it another try.

2. Click Here!

3. Green_Clavulari

Green_Clavulari Spaghetti Worm

Your tank loos great. Good setup. Sorry about your goby. Can you tell me why fish are so difficult for you?

Also, how do you setup quarantine tank? just regular tank and HOB filter?

4. SeaFood

SeaFood Plankton

what are you using for a return pump?

5. riverchel

riverchel Astrea Snail

The return pump is an eheim 1262.

I have two fish that have survived over 3 weeks now- a record for me. They are still in the quarantine tank. One is a twin spot goby (eating frozen foods now), and the other is a purple pseudochromis (Magenta dottyback). I plan on moving the goby in the display tank first (in about a week or so), then I will move the dottyback into the display tank after a couple days.

My shrimp and my emerald crab are doing well. My shrimp molts every full moon, so he just molted 2 days ago. He is the coolest thing!! I'm started to get more algae on the turf scrubber, so it's working better now. We still have a lot to learn, but we love the tank! It's a lot of fun :) Happy halloween!!

6. N00ZE

N00ZE Eyelash Blennie

Awesome updates, and keep the pics rolling. 8)

7. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

Any updates on this build? This was my first subscription :) Just curious....

8. Click Here!

9. chealy

chealy Spaghetti Worm

Everything looks great! Can't wait to see it progress.

10. brettwest

brettwest Spaghetti Worm

tank looks great. Id be interested to see how you built your ats