First Meet!

Discussion in 'RARS' started by PackLeader, Mar 3, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Well, I really want to have our first meet scheduled for the end of this week. Maybe even just a low key meet and greet for a nice lunch somewhere to chat, then some swapping for anyone that has anything to trade/get rid of whatever.
    I am open to any and all ideas. We are all coming from all over the area (Spanish Springs, Border Town, Carson, etc), so I would like to choose a spot somewhere that is fairly centrally located in Reno, to try to keep it even for everyone ;). First place that comes to mind for me would be Black Bear Diner on Virginia near Plumb. And most likely either on a Saturday or Sunday. But, again, open to any and all suggestions. Let me know what you guys think ;)

2. Click Here!

3. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

Man that is really cool dude! Look what you've created!! Hope it all goes well for you, and hope your RARS take's off! Ever thought about putting up some fliers around the area and nearby fish store's? My local club has frag swaps every year and they put out a ton of fliers around LFS's and surrounding area's. Seems to work quite well as they get bigger and bigger every year.

Didn't know if you wanted any non club member's to post in this, just thought I would try and throw some idea's out for ya.

4. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Yes, I have, and that's the only reason it has taken so long to schedule this first meet. I really wanted to have fliers up for a while beforehand. But, designing a logo has become a bit of a hassle. For the better part of this whole period, I had someone I knew outside of the hobby working on one, but it just never came to be, and that was the only person I personally knew that had graphic design skills. I personally have absolutely zero talent designing those things. And I really don't want to go out with fliers if I have no logo of at least some sorts. I want it to be done right.
    But even just as a small get together it will be fun and worthwhile. We are all good people and have met on an individual basis, it just needs to happen as a group now. Even a tiny swap would just be an added bonus. I know I have a few things I need to clear out ;)

And non members are more than welcome to post with us! But, I do have my eye on you in particular Matty ;). One slip up and your banished! :yelrotflm

5. Arcain41

Arcain41 Coral Banded Shrimp

Sounds great! You know we are in. My graphic design buddy will help out with a logo. I just need to have a plan for him. We mentioned it, but never got much further than that. So, bring your ideas to the meet and we will get that in motion. Jeremy is a computer geek, so that means he has alot of geeky buddies :] We can put the word out once we know exactly whatcha want. Black Bear is good with us, we've never been there. Sounds fun just let us know what day and what time.

6. jakeh24

jakeh24 Pajama Cardinal

I <3 the black bear diner lol

I will see if I can go are we planning for like a Friday or a Saturday?
    I don't think I can make it if it is on a Sunday (I will be up snowboarding)

7. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Probably a Saturday. Right now I am aiming for the 21st of this month.

8. Click Here!

9. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Thanks! I guess the best I could do is maybe try to draw it up for you guys. It would be VERY rough as I am just horrid with that sort of thing, but it will probably at least give a visual to the idea

10. psiclone

psiclone Purple Spiny Lobster

I'm in. Will talk to noah about it as well.

11. Arcain41

Arcain41 Coral Banded Shrimp

Great. Can we so Saturday the 21st later in the day? Jeremy has an event he will be at until four. Can we do like 5 or 6? We really want to be able to come. This way I can plan a sitter for the boys too!

Packleader. Anything even a stick figure will get the artist going in the right direction. Dont worry its a "NO JuDgEmEnT ZONE." LOL!

12. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

OK, how does the 28th work for everybody then? I would rather keep it earlier in the day just in case people want to get together and check out tanks/trade. But if all else fails we could do it more like a dinner.