First Coral In The 100, hehe

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by Birchell, Jan 23, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Thanks Curt!! I hope we can all get some sleep soon, lol. I just started talking and now cant stop. I never have anyone down here to talk reef to, so I jumped on this. I have read the zoos are realy toxic, so I will have glasses, and gloves on, lol. I like the screw driver idea too. Ill have to give this a try some time. I agree with the LR/LS thought also, if it disolved into the water fast there would be like no solid calcium left!!! lol.

2. Click Here!

3. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

will this "squrit" hurt fish in the tank if you frag say a shroom in the water??

4. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

5. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

I take that as a bad thing, lol.

6. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Not really but it might upset the other corals pretty bad depending on what you keep. If your shrooms are on a large rock that cannot be removed easily, just make sure you have granular actived carbon in your system to remove the nasties.

Whenever possible, fragging should be done on a table or in a small rubbermaid container of tank water. Frag a leather coral inside your tank and see what the rest of your corals do for the next 24 hours....they'll all close up and a lot of other softies will send out their chemical warfare chemicals....it gets real bad.

With shrooms, I like to bridal veil it to a piece of LR rubble for a week or two. That way I can move them around easily. Bridal veil is dirt cheap at any craft store.

7. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

I was lol'ing this....

And yes, sleep apnea is a bad thing. Sufferers are 60% more likely to have a stroke/heart attack. Basically, your body notices the dissolved Oxygen in your blood has dropped a lot. It doesn't realize you're not breathing....it thinks you are majorly bleeding somewhere so your circulatory system starts working overtime. We basically wear out our hearts early.

8. Click Here!

9. turbo4603

turbo4603 Teardrop Maxima Clam

I usually do it in a small tupaware i have just for fishtank use and siting down so im nice and calm.

10. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

wow, im sorry to hear.

11. turbo4603

turbo4603 Teardrop Maxima Clam

Oh man, its worse than it sounds!! I meant it with no harm!!!
    The way i meant it is the knowledge you are sharing with us is highly apreciated even if its during the wee hours in the morning!

12. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

yea, there is a video on reef central about fraging shrooms, and the guy did it in the tank. I was thinking of doing mine really soon, but now I think Ill try to get the rock out, and change the carbon. How soon can you add the frags back to the main tank?? Or what I should say is, how long before the frags attach to the rock rubble??