First Case of Ick...I Think

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by Puffer Chick, Feb 7, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

haha yea ive had this guy for 2 weeks now i think, already doing garlic i dont have a QT or any antibiotics since ive never had any reason to carry any up until now and thanks i will deffinetly keep posted, i just hope my stupid chromis isint stressing him out, the chromis is an evil bully

yea i was feeding 3-4 times a week but once i got flash i upped it to every day :D i just did a WC yesterday, i wonder if that stressed him out?

QT not possible as i dont have one, and making sure he is stuffed wont be a problem :D hopefully he wont get to stressed once the new wrasse gets in on tuesday

and ill turn up the heat, didnt know about that one :D

2. Click Here!

3. hender

hender Fire Shrimp

Turn it up slowly and only 1 degree or 2. I don't want you to fry your fish... :p

4. Crimson Ghost

Crimson Ghost Blue Ringed Angel

Chick, if there’s any advice that good to follow its to have a med on hand just incase. As I said, I always have Miracyn II – generally speaking, it expires without me using it and then I buy more. It’s not so important to me since I do not add anything to my tank any longer – but as I get a new tank up and running I will check the date on the meds and update if expired :) I wish you well with your two new wrasses !

5. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

hahah ok i will :D

ok :D i will try to find Miracy II and thanks im hoping they will get along

also i was able to get a somewhat decent pic, you can see the white spots, although their not raised like a lot of the ick pics that ive seen

[​IMG]

6. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

doesnt look like ich... maybe a parasite or bacteria, not a big deal i dont think.

Like crimson ghost said, get a natural based antibiotic. I use melafix but it makes your skimmer go CRAZZZY

7. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

ok i hope its nothing too major i hope he will let my cleaner shrimp get it before he possibly gets eaten by the new wrasse i dont know what what the shrimps chances of survival is.

Can melafix be found at petsmart or petco?

8. Click Here!

9. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Yup, petco, petsmart, walmart, meijer Most places hat have a pet supplies section have it. Its in a pretty blue bottle with (i believe) a yellow and orange label. Good stuff.

10. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

ok i will try to find some tomorrow after i get off at work

11. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

so i thought id give an update, the white spots on him are now gone, very strange, i didnt even treat him or anything as i forgot to get the medicine today after work, but no sings of any white spots, still dont know if it was actually ick or a parasite of some sort