Fire in the hole!

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by coral reefer, Mar 11, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

Is it the 125 or the 75 that needed bulbs???

The bulbs in the 125 were about 7months old. You ordered them in July/Aug of last year when I there. I remember you telling me you had just replaced the bulbs on 75g before I got there...

You've got my number bro... I happen to have 2x250w MH with Lumen Bright reflectors Im currently not using with brand new ballasts that I could have overnighted to you.

Get in touch with me....

2. Click Here!

3. chetrod

chetrod Peppermint Shrimp

From experience I had the light in the fuge fall in the tank. What I found was that the power heads that were in the tank the impellers had metal shafts. The current caused them to blow a small hole in the shaft itself that began to rust. If you have power heads take them out and check the shafts to make sure the same didn't happen to you. If it did happen you can get a carbon fiber rod to replace those shafts. That's what i had to do.

4. glampka

glampka Coral Banded Shrimp

Add 4 letters to that: GFCI

Hoping everything is ok!

5. Wilber

Wilber Fire Worm

I know how that bad luck thing goes! My whole last week was like that!, but I got my first two fish yesterday, shrimp and some snails and they are doing pretty good! Itll get better, stick it out

6. KOgle

KOgle Zoanthid

Hate to hear that. Hope it all works out for you man.

Keep us updated...

7. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Ouch man that suuuucks! It sounds like you're pulling yourself back together the best you can though. Man what a nightmare. Congrats on the new light fixture :)

8. Click Here!

9. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

Hey how are things going man. Any other after affects or has everything returned to normal?