finished aquaclear50 refuge

Discussion in 'Refugium' started by mushroom_man, Jan 31, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Speedy

Speedy Fire Shrimp

As far as the photoperiod I've read, and experienced that there is more growth in the grass if you give it atleast 2 hours of night time. I've had lots of success giving it 8 hour of nightime. That dusk effect is cool too. I've tried all sorts starting with the 24/7.

The funny thing is that once I gave them time in the dark. I started noticing the grass would grow more AT NIGHT than in the day.

BTW, I have an AQ 500 for a fuge on my 20 Gal. ;D

2. Click Here!

3. mushroom_man

mushroom_man Bubble Tip Anemone

miami,right near da beach BOYE!, FL,Florida
    guzman thats a 500 though... im using a 50. lol big size diff. also your in miami? where at im in kendal. anyway how did you mod the 500 id like to hear if its the same way i did mine...

4. Speedy

Speedy Fire Shrimp

Nope, barely any modding. I picked it from my brother in Miami (I live in Cape Coral, FL now) he lives at a walking distance from G.Holmes Braddock on 147 ave between bird rd and Coral way.

The AQ 500 is significantly bigger, but I'm also on a 20 Gal. He gave it to me with just the sponge filter on it and the clips and plastic mesh that hold the sponge. I just took out the sponge, separated the clips into 3 separate parts and only used the one that goes by the motor, and the plastic mesh on the bottom. I put sand and a piece of LR. I put 2 types of caulerpa and some ribbon grass I think it is. The best grass I've ever used in a fuge is the grape caulerpa that Frank can get you at Exotic Aquariums at $5.00 a bag. It's really good stuff. Grows like... well, like grass.

I also put the Sun coral I'm trying to save inside the fuge, and I fished out some pods at night and dumped them in the fuge as well. It looks great, but I still gotta do a little work on it. It has a kind of sand whirl by the pumps motor, I been meaning to fix it, but I just stare at it with a glazed look like this. [smiley=drool.gif]

Lovin' it.

5. mushroom_man

ya i had alittle prob with the water from the pump compartment ( the water was over flowing over the side so i put the cover on prob. solved!) anyway thats a small world my g/f goes there thats funny!!!;D

6. Olyoxenfree

Olyoxenfree Astrea Snail

karma for all of you!

Anyway, How are your skunk clowns and damsel getting along? I think skunkies are the most underrated clown fish (marron being the most overrated) Skunk clowns are so pastel and gorgeous!

7. mushroom_man

they are great!!! i love my clowns to death... not literally. anyway they have their stand offs now and then. but overall the clowns are doing great.

8. Click Here!

9. mushroom_man