Finally I get to start my own build thread! 120 gallon cube!

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by NittyGritty, Jan 3, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. linetrash

linetrash Fire Shrimp

I would do 8 inches from tank to edge I did 6" on mine and plumbing is right on edge. Just my two cents

2. Click Here!

3. linetrash

linetrash Fire Shrimp

Congrats I've been waiting on bank approval for the short sell for two months now hopefully be moved in around feb.

4. linetrash

linetrash Fire Shrimp

I'm not positive I would not trust the angled pieces. I would build the stand the size you want and double fram the size of the tank inside your original frame. That probably don't make any sense. But I can picture it in my head

5. linetrash

linetrash Fire Shrimp

[​IMG]
    The close edge is where my tank sits then on the far end at 6' I did the same thing. So the tank was supported at both end then I built one in the center for support. Make sure you can get everything in the tank stand before you put siding up.

6. NittyGritty

NittyGritty Millepora

That's actually great advice, I assumed 6" would clear it. I'll adjust my plans.

7. NittyGritty

NittyGritty Millepora

Yeah, there are a lot out there dealing with that. This house, believe it or not, is a true sale. Real seller on the other end. We should know my Monday if our offer is accepted.

8. Click Here!

9. NittyGritty

NittyGritty Millepora

Yeah, I didn't think the angled 2x4s would be enough. Thought I would run it by you all though. I was trying to get the extra 6-8" of space on each side below. I guess I will have to work within 30"

10. NittyGritty

NittyGritty Millepora

Sweet. Hey, how about a pic of it finished?

11. linetrash

linetrash Fire Shrimp

You can still get the extra 8 inches you just have to frame where the tank is going to sit as well

12. linetrash

linetrash Fire Shrimp

Not sure if I have a picture of it finished. I didn't like it the way I stained it so I started to take it apart to refinish it. Now it is sitting about half taken apart till I figure out when we are moving I might build a whole new stand when I move.