Finally I get to start my own build thread! 120 gallon cube!

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by NittyGritty, Jan 3, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. NittyGritty

NittyGritty Millepora

So I'm taking the tank back. I talked to the LFS and they will only charge me $10 a hole drilled and reuse the current bulkheads. So, a little effort and $30 bucks. I will pick up next week.

2. Click Here!

3. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

I cant see how they would charge you for their mistakes. You did make out better in the long run. Good luck.

4. NittyGritty

NittyGritty Millepora

They are pretty confident the tank was perfect when I picked it up. I brought it home and placed it in the garage. Didn't notice the issue until days later. The LFS pretty much is as-is once it leaves the store. Although I would think a 30 day with recipe policy should be standard, it's not. So, 30 bucks to get a. We tank doesn't sweat me. Low price equals low services, it's retail. But, if that's what it takes ill go through it. Once.

5. NittyGritty

NittyGritty Millepora

Sorry for the typos, damn iPad :-/

6. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

I know what ya mean, my store has the same policy. If it was broke at the store, and you point it out, they will fix it and absorb the cost, but ideally, once it leaves, it's owned. Sounds like they are being fair with the repairs.

7. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

check this one with a fine toothed comb before ya leave;)

8. Click Here!

9. NittyGritty

NittyGritty Millepora

Oh I will for sure. I will have early next week. Then start on my first stand build.

10. NittyGritty

NittyGritty Millepora

Possible offer accepting on a house. Fingers crossed. :)

11. NittyGritty

NittyGritty Millepora

So here is how I want my stand to look, sorry for the crappy doodle. I want it 42" square with 30" door panels to match my tank in size. I'm going to post another picture next with a question in how to build. Seeing how I'm not a carpenter nor have I built a stand in the past. ;D

Attached Files:

12. NittyGritty

NittyGritty Millepora

So, hopefully I can explain this clearly. The picture on the right is, for the most part, how I see people's builds go. 2x4 frame in which the tank sits directly on it. All sides and corners sit directly on 2x4s with the corners over vertical post. Best I know when it comes to the support. In my stand I want to exceed the tanks 30" by 6" all around. So would the picture on the left be a way to do so? Or would it not be enough support and my tank that will weight close to 1400 lbs just fall through?

I am trying to avoid the first case to have as much room under the stand as possible.

Hopefully this makes sense. :p

Attached Files: