Fin rot??

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by cj24, Jan 25, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cj24

cj24 Bristle Worm

One of my damsels has fin rot... small pieces of its tail suddenly appear to be disappearing making a jagged apperance. How do I fix this?

2. Click Here!

3. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Are you sure it's fin rot? Could someone have nipped his tail fin? Sometimes my fish are missing parts of their tail fins, but it's not rot, just nipping from someone else.

4. bje

bje Long-fin Bannerfish

one of my damsels (blue) has the same problem. its due to his counterpart (blue/yellow-tail) nipping at him

5. cj24

cj24 Bristle Worm

I do believe its fin rot -- both of its fins seems a little disfigured as well. His appetite is still great & he is acting normal....

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  6. John Alston

John Alston Astrea Snail

cj24, how did you make out with this. my yellow tang is missing pieces off of his fins, looks like small notches. I noticed it a few days ago and figured it had always been there and I hadn't noticed (i've only had him a few months). he seems to be missing more today than yeaterday. his appetite is great and he's very active. Did you problem ckear itself up and if so do the fins re-grow the missing parts?

7. cj24

cj24 Bristle Worm

problem fisxed it self. onlt fish that made it actually. healthy and muchmuch bigger now