Fighting Dinos(Brown Slime)

Discussion in 'Algae' started by Travis45, Apr 3, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Travis45

Travis45 Scooter Blennie

So I'm going on day 4 with no lights on my tank. I do not see anymore dinos. I'm afraid to turn my lights back on though, should I go a few more days? I did a phosphate test and it came back at .015. Should I wait till that hits zero before I turn the lights back on?

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

That is below the suggested level for sensitive corals so you could probably put the lights on in a day or so. Congrats on getting rid of it.

4. Travis45

Travis45 Scooter Blennie

Thanks again and to everyone that helped me with this battle. I might have one the battle but is the war over? We will see probably later this week.

5. Ishymishy77

Ishymishy77 Peppermint Shrimp

I to just went three days of no lights. I think the worst is over. Also that smell is darn near gone as well. Thank god! I never thought not turning the lights on would bother me that much.lol

6. Travis45

Travis45 Scooter Blennie

Yeah just make sure you have no nutrient build up for it to fuel itself again. My phosphates are almost nonexistent but I'm going to probably go lights back on Friday and probably for only an hour. Then going to slowly build back up to the 10 hour light schedule.

7. Travis45

Travis45 Scooter Blennie

Well I just put my actinics on for an hour. I also kicked on my fuge light so the chaeto can start photosynthesizing again. My NO3 kicked up a little the past few days. I attribute that to my main skimmer breaking down, cleaning a lot of bio out of my overflow and cleaning bio out of the sump as well. They are not bad, just hovering around 1 or 2 ppms.