Field Trip

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Land_Fish, Feb 9, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

I think we should have a group field trip but only if we knew someone that lived in the Caribbean say around Waterlemon Cay USVI where we could all crash and have some water fun. Any one here know someone in this area Verbal? [smiley=bouncylaugh.gif]

[move][smiley=fish.gif] [smiley=fish.gif] [smiley=fish.gif] [smiley=fish.gif] [smiley=fish.gif] [smiley=fish.gif] [smiley=fish.gif] [smiley=fish.gif] [smiley=fish.gif] [smiley=fish.gif] [smiley=fish.gif] [smiley=fish.gif] [smiley=fish.gif] [smiley=fish.gif] [smiley=fish.gif][/move]

2. Click Here!

3. Scuba

Scuba Fire Shrimp

That would be nice

4. Speedy

Speedy Fire Shrimp

I live in Miami. But my place is standing-room only and for a handful of folks. But when we move to a bigger place it sounds like a plan. We have the very nice John Pennycamp reefs less than 45 minutes away. And a couple nice snorkel spots here, by Elliots Key.

Now here's a really good idea. If a bunch of us wanted to take some sort of scuba trip I'm sure we'd get a better deal if we planned it, and got a group rate for it.

What do you guys think ? Group rates on a trip to Cozumel? Belize? GBR? ;)

Would also be nice to meet in person with some of the UserNames and Avatars we see on 3reef?

Just a thought. ;D

5. Malachi

Malachi Sea Dragon

Why would I want to take a field trip to some where sunny when it is been freezing cold (12F), cloudy and just plain dreary! “Dreary Erie!”

Why does nobody ever want to visit me! I got a polluted lake!

6. verbal

verbal Astrea Snail

Hey fellas,
    Wish I knew someone there.
    I went to Waterlemon Cay when we vacationed for a few days in St. John two years ago. That was some of the best snorkeling I've ever done. The swim out to the cay is nice, too. The best part is, no cruise boats like over in Trunk Bay.

Watch out for the mongooses, though. They really like peanut butter sandwiches!

7. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

I wish I knew how to scuba. Caymen is nice also.

8. Click Here!

9. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

RE: Field Trips..

"THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX"

Save money (Lots of it! 8) ), some of best dives in the world.

Red Sea Diving College

Airfares to be had for less then $600. (We found for $340 round trip Seattle couple of years ago.) - Fares vary widely, so keep checking, and very cheap ones will show up in non-peak seasons)

Bonus: See Pyramids on the way -

Can't go till July - but do not get within 1000 miles of that place without getting in the water.

Wa Salaam,

OmarD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

WoW! :eek:

That would be amazing Omar. Nice find.

11. turbo4603

turbo4603 Teardrop Maxima Clam

Comon guys like my brother sais, MIAMI
    Spring break is around the corner. Its the time to be in miami.
    They also hold the Pachanga fest(aka seabash) witch is a lot of boats(like500 or so) with loud music and in elio key, swiming distance to close by reefs and hotspots.
    mmmmmmmmmmmmm MIAMI

12. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

hiYA turbo4603 ---

re: Miami,

Headed that way at end of month for week in some "Sun" ("insha 'allah" - "God Willing") & some time "quality" in the water time...

Got any "recommended tips" for best places for "Reefing" while there" - ?

Will spend couple of days in Orlando ("mandatory" "bribe" to younguns, to get OK to go)...then head for the Keys.

Rgds,

OmarD
    [​IMG]