Few quistions about cleaning bio balls

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Hackem688, Nov 9, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Hackem688

Hackem688 Millepora

This is more up to date picture and I am enjoying this debate because I'm going to remove that section from my sump and add 50 more lbs or LR its just I try to do the best with I have to work with Im a parrent of 6 and dont have much money ever so I make what I need.

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. MAZILLA

MAZILLA Flamingo Tongue

hmmm, maybe you are on to something. I have bioballs to, but theyare inside my downdraft skimmer to break the bubbles down. There is enough turbulence in the chamber that they dont need to be cleaned as nothing can hold on.

Just remember, adding that 50lbs of LR will cause a spike in your levels until all the die off is removed and life takes hold; unless it's mature LR, even then just transporting it will result in some die off. Hold off on testing the levels for improvement for a few weeks.

1 person likes this.
  4. Hackem688

Hackem688 Millepora

Dont trip last time I add 75 lbs boy was that a skrew up this time ill do it like 5 at a time or I set up a tank and cure it for 30 days first