Few more small reef fish

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Gresham, Nov 12, 2002.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Heres a few more small reef fish. There's two sand gobies, maybe male/female and a undef. Blenny that I've name Kelp Greenling blenny. He looks like a pacific kelp greenling. He's an insane hunter, really fun to watch. His favorite prey are the mini brittle starfish. I've got 3 in a 30g along with many other fish, they can't even make a dent in the mini brittle population.

This pic is of the "Kelp Greenling" undef. Blenny
    largest size I've seen is around 2". I've had him(2") for 6 months, he was 1/2" when I got him. He seems to have stopped growing, he hasn't grown in over 1 1/2 months.

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

White Blackeyed Sand Goby
    Largest size I've seen is around 1 1/4" with most being 3/4"

Attached Files:

4. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Other White Sand Goby
    average size is 1/2" (notice 1/2" pvc in background)
    this one has a pretty cryptic color pattern, and is able to change light to dark color depending on surroundings.

Attached Files:

5. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

again nice fish i may have to get that first one off of ya for my mini brittle population got tons of em hed have a field day in my tank ;D

6. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

For those of you who care, the one I called a kelp greenling is a Redrump Blenny. Its latin name is Xenomedia rhodopyga and its a live bearer. The latin name for the black eye goby is Coryphopterus nicholsi. The undesribed blennys is actually an Flash-light or Orange spot goby. Its latin name is Coryphopterus urospilus.

7. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

thnx for the updated info id take one of each please hehe i just cant get enough ;D