Feeding time?

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by starfish2217, May 16, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. starfish2217

starfish2217 Horrid Stonefish

My clowns gobble up the pellets like a fat piggy! its ridiculous, I feed them every day and they just gobble them up, Its like everyday they are starving or something.

2. Click Here!

3. aw1447

aw1447 Montipora Capricornis

haha mine are the sameee way. When I turn on my lights, I drop a few pellets in there for them, then later on at night I feed them mysis. I cut off about a 4th of a cube at mix it in a dixie cup with a lil tank water, and pour in the mysis slowly. Only enough they can eat, and when they finish eating those pieces, I pour a little more in. Then whatever is left or floats to the bottom my shrimp and CUC jump on it quickk.

4. starfish2217

haha its funny the female gets mad when the male eats the food, she tries to get it ALL but I make sure he gets some too :p They love the pellets so I just feed them that mostly, I will give them some mysis shrimp today though :)

5. Sacul1573

Sacul1573 Millepora

The fish food is completely fine for human consumption, just think of it as mini-sushimi... at least that's what you could tell your mom ;D

6. starfish2217

haha I still don't think thats gonna fly :p

7. Pickupman66

Pickupman66 Tassled File Fish

Good pointer on teh flakes. I do the same by putting them under water before i release them. Pellets and flakes can be very interchangeable as they are usually composed of the same ingredients just finished differently. to me, Pellets sink to fast, but the flakes will hang in teh water column better. Variety is good for all of your fish and keeping it mostly varied is always a good idea.

8. Click Here!

9. twelvebeer

twelvebeer Spaghetti Worm

I like the ice cube idea! That would save me time and a little cleanup everyday! Thanks!