Feeding question?

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by fezzz, May 9, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. IHAVEMTS

IHAVEMTS Fire Shrimp

Try thawing out some food in a small container with some tank water or ro water. Pour it into the tank and step back far enough that the wrasse wont be afraid of you but you can still see it eat. It might just be that its scared of you. It will get used to you feeding.

2. Click Here!

3. Lady_Bobo

Lady_Bobo Fire Worm

to touch on what divott said.... mysis shrimp has a bit more nutrients other than brine shrimp...
    I put it in a little net and give it a quick rinse under the tap then add it to the tank...
    Just to help keep the "over feeding " under control... everything eats the shrimp but there is no packaging juice floating around adding to the bio load

I also just got a fairy wrasse and he wasn't eating the pellets.... I rolled them in some garlic and he went nuts for them
    my clown can be little piggies....

4. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

This is true! My yellow watchman used to be terrified of feeding time - he would dart back into his tunnel every time. He gradually came out more and more and now eats right off the tongs!

5. fezzz

fezzz Flamingo Tongue

Well I've heard everyone rave on and on about rods food but that's not available to me in Australia.. What's a good replacement for rods? Gotta make my own or what? I'd like an all in one food for my fish and corals but unsure about where to start.

6. acemow

acemow Purple Spiny Lobster

I use Formula 2 from Ocean Nutrition, frozen food, which I rinse in RO water, add some garlic juice and feed my tank. When I QT my new arrivals, I not only watch for signs of disease and such, I work up to being able to hand feed the fish and when they eat from and around my hand for a good week, if they're otherwise healthy, I put them the DT. I also use H20 Life frozen foods, good for the whole tank.

Last edited: May 13, 2009