feeding my Y-tang

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by damon, Jan 8, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SAY

SAY Ocellaris Clown

what, cigarettes cause cancer......i don't believe it. :)

2. Click Here!

3. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

I have heard of caluerpas toxins harming sps coral multiple times after removing parts of the plant. For me its good enough to read about its toxicity on marine organisms.

4. damon

damon Sea Dragon

So your basically saying that I'm getting my fish hooked on drugs? That's why they like it so much? I really think your tanking something a little to far. I understand that this may be a problem for the fish in the Mediterranean, but you yourself said that in the right amounts it has some good benefits to it. You say probably, so do you have any experience with this yourself or know any one that has directly? have you read anything about this that relates directly to the hobby? Your right ignorance doesn't negate reality, but you have not stated anything that shows this is a real problem in our tanks! and being rude will not make your point any more true than it is, if it applies to the hobby. I appreciate your input, but I would like to hear a little more about people experience (HAVE YOU HAD ANY DIRECT EXPERIENCE WITH THIS OR ARE YOU REGURGITATING INFORMATION?) in the hobby about this.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  5. damon

damon Sea Dragon

come on man I'm not talking about sps you really getting off point here. I get you like to argue I do to, but arguing around the subject like this is just a joke! your wayy off the point and just being rude!

6. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

yes in the right amounts it does, although I probably would condone eating it since the chemicals I named above are nuerotoxins and people are reported to get sick from eating it.

personally I wouldn't take the chance.

7. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

I think your just being difficult, I have not had caluerpa kill a fish before. I would think the invasiveness and article citing scientific studies I linked too would have been proof enough that its a bad idea.

but if you really want to put the issue to rest, do a experiment thread with you feeding your tang caluerpa exclusively for a couple months. Try to document any changes in behavior. I would appreciate it.

8. Click Here!

9. SAY

SAY Ocellaris Clown

guys, guys. let's just agree to disagree and end this one.

10. damon

damon Sea Dragon

hay I'm not saying he's wrong at all, I'm just wondering how this works in our tank. Why would any one feed anything exclusively? how about this you pick a food and eat it exclusively for a month and I'll feed my tang exclusively caluerpa. Did your studies talk about feeding as a selected % of the diet for a specific reason? I don't feel I'm the one being difficult (this time :LolLolLol) I mean think about what you just asked me to do to my fish to prove your point. Diet is not black and white, too much of anything can be bad thing, and as far as I understand what we are really talking about is tangs not getting enough of stuff, not that they get too much!

11. SAY

SAY Ocellaris Clown

maybe tomorrow when people get a chance to read through tis one, we will get more responses......i hope.

12. damon

damon Sea Dragon

I bet well get a lot of laughs:laughy: and a few sad looks:loco: at least ::)
    I mean if your right sostoudt I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that would like to know about this:eek:, and I know a few that I'll be sending your way rather than trying to go down this road :argue: with them.