Feeding my newly-aquired 180g system

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by Dodger745, Apr 29, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Dodger745

Dodger745 Flamingo Tongue

so I have a few questions and looking for some input....

I have a 180 that we aquired from an individual....as for now it is basically running as FOWLR. I kept all of the previous owners fish that were in the system.
    hippo tang
    red sea sailfin
    ocellariss clown
    black clown
    pair of skunk clowns
    coral beauty.

previous owner was feeding only new life spectrum. large fish formula and standard NLS pellets.

any input as to how much or how often to feed? I also have picked up some nori sheets and the tangs love it.

2. Click Here!

3. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

Most feed every other day or daily. No more than they can eat in a few minutes. I would add some frozen variety to their diet. Frozen Mysis is a good choice.

4. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

I have alot of similar fish. I like SF Bay frozen chopped mysis and veggie mix. I feed a frozen cube every other day. Daily with NLS pellets, and occasionally Formula 2 Flakes and lots of nori. Here is a tip with the nori, cut it into a fan with strips that are attached to the bottom, clip it in, and then the fish eat it like spaghetti with very little waste.

5. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

I feed mine a pince of Omega One flakes with garlic about 3 times a day. I over-feed by a long shot. I also feed my tank caulerpa straight out of the sump on a daily basis. If I'm running short of that, it's nori straight out of the Asian food section.