Feeding frozen gel foods

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by Triggerfish, Jul 22, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Triggerfish

Triggerfish Ritteri Anemone

Thanks alot for the responses, and yes Triplemom, i'm talking about those. The first time I thawed one out i was expecting the food the seperate into dry food, it did not! It stayed exactly the same, only like Triplemom said "rubbery". I smashed it up, but my fish ignored all the tiny particles of the food floating around and only went for the big chunks. That is why I asked if there was an easier more convenient way of feeding the cubes, I say easier because, I have to spend 5 mins a day just slicing the cubes. Also, I don't feel comfortable using kitchen supplies(or any used for our food) for the fish, mainly because I've seen how nasty these fish can be. Even though I know the fish food is just a sea food preparation.

2. Click Here!

3. Triggerfish

Thanks for the tips, unfortunately that doesn't apply to these foods. Honestly, I wish it was that easy. When I do buy dry frozen foods, I'll use these methods though.

4. Triggerfish

Unfortunately, yes. My emperor angelfish is my most prized fish, therefore I want him to be looking his best. His species need to eat sponges to keep its coloration, and this food contains the sponges necessary. So therefore the food is necessary.