feeding flake with overflow...

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by drewspuppet, Feb 19, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. grubbsj

grubbsj Gigas Clam

Interesting, and all along I have been hitting the "pause" button on my reefkeeper 2 to stop circulation between the sump and the tank for 5 minutes while the fish feed....

2. Click Here!

3. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Hey Joe :) hows that tank doing , yes my fish see me move toward the tank and all i do is pinch it really tight between my thumb and forefinger the lump sinks like a rock until the fish hit and explode it then its all over the place . Gives them something to do also chasing food is a natural activity .the moving flakes stimulate the feeding instinct makes feeding new fish easier also.. Like a Beagle or any dog sees a rag or rabbit or ball move they chase it.. Even Brian on Family Guy LOL that makes him sooo mad

4. grubbsj

grubbsj Gigas Clam

We'll have to give that a try and see how is goes, sounds like it is a busy time...

I really should make some updates on the tank thread, maybe today...

5. Zzippper

Zzippper Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Hmmmmm... Interesting. I've been shutting off my return pump to feed too... along with my skimmer. Based on this thread, I think I'm going to modify this bevaiour and leave the return pump on.

What about the skimmer? Do you guys (and gals) shut it off of leave it on during feedings?

Z

6. Vkkesu

Vkkesu Spaghetti Worm

I have two overflows and have been shutting down all but one pump when I feed once a day. My clowns are hesistant feeders in the new tank and need that extra time to go back and forth to their coral it seems.::) By turning off overflows, the home made food and other stuff for corals can sit in water longer and I can make sure all fish are eating. I can direct the food better. If I'm feeling generous though I may fling a few sinking pellets in and let them sink in the tank.

If it sinks to fast, my momma clown will rush to it and give up and to back to her coral and let the others eat. I have a new baby sailfin that eats off algae clip but hasn't figured out that she can eat anything else. ::)This gives her time to watch them eat off top and midway.