Feeding Fish Cooked Shrimp

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Hackem688, Sep 12, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reeflover1

reeflover1 Plankton

feeding cooked shrimo negates the purpose of feeding it has no nutrients at all and is just turned in to waste ie: phosphates and nitrates. you really shouldn't have to feed your anemone if you have a clown fish ad it will bring food to it. try feeding fresh raw seafood, clams, shrimp, scallops, oysters. i take all of these and put them together in a processer and freeze, then feed my fish about a 1/4 teaspoon every 3-4 days @ the most otherwise they work for there food, finding in the tank among the reef. try this and you should see great results.

2. Click Here!

3. tarheel

tarheel Skunk Shrimp

The only thing I have noticed with feeding shrimp is more algae and dirty water. So, I stick to quality flake and veggies. Unless you have corals that require target feeding, I think there is alot of extra "crap" in those frozen mysis cubes that you don't count on adding to your tank. I think most people way overfeed as well. Just my opinion.

4. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Which would explain why Lucy was not very old when she died!!!! Yeah. I can see the arguement. Back in the stone ages we certainly didn't live very long. Women wouldn't even make it to menopause, which makes sense from an evolutionary standpoint. And the same thing with men. So I will continue to use my BBQ routinely (even in the winter). Because, simply, BBQing is a celebration of life. And I loooove meat. Mmmmmmm. My cholesterol and triglycerides are rising just thinkin' about it.

5. Hackem688

Hackem688 Millepora

My fish must be spoiled or something because i have big pieces of uncooked shrimp i threw in my tank they would not eat it but when i took the shell off i gave put it back in the tank fish still would not eat it so i took it out one more time and broke it up into smaller pieces all of the fish aet it it looked like feeding frenzy in my tank

6. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

So you're saying that men didn't live to menopause either? :)

7. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Oooohhhhhh I could have fun with this one.....but I will hold back. :-X

Ummmmmm......Nope........holding back.:-X:-X:-X:-X

8. Click Here!

9. Hackem688

Hackem688 Millepora

comeon lets here it