Feeding Clams

Discussion in 'Clams' started by Breed, Oct 20, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Breed

Breed Feather Duster

Well the trigger preety much keeps to itself and doesn't pick at the corals, however on the other hand the lemonpeel is a sly little bugger who always has to pick at everything, here there everywhere. He has demolished most of my tongue corals and my coral garden however many of the others still in there he has left alone. Its funny that the dealer told me that they will be fine with all corals... I think he needs to read his books ;D

Do you guys think that its probably not worth trying to put one in. I was thinking a metallic blue crocea or maxima clam in about the 5-6 inch range?

Thoughts and thanks for all the help!!

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

My suggestion would be to not add a clam. It is a natural food for the angel fish in the wild and it could become a very expensive experiment. The choice is entirely yours though :)

4. Breed

Breed Feather Duster

Hmmm I will have to have a think about it. I would hate to have it in there and get eaten...

Thanks everyone!!

5. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

No!!!!!!! Don't even think about placing a clam in with an Angel!!! The clam will end up dead within no time at all...If i were you i would have gotten rid of the Lemonpeel along time ago(clams make much better pets)IMO-unless you have a fish only tank forget about the Angels. And to find out that you lost a Tongue etc. would make me very upset.

6. Breed

Breed Feather Duster

Yer but the bastard is too quick and I dont wanna re-arrange the tank trying to catch him. Im thinking of getting a new tank anyways so I can have clams and tongue corals that dont get eaten..

7. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

The best time to remove the Angel is at night time!

8. Click Here!

9. Breed

Breed Feather Duster

He still prowls at night and swims around crazy when im near the tank.