feeding candy cane

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by coaster, Feb 11, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

If you do not have enough current in the tank to take t corals food then you need to make some changes . I have never hand or spoon fed a coral. I have seen more poked and prodded to feed them then they would tear the flesh and then infection . who dives down to feed them in the ocean ? You just need to make some counter currents to saturate the entire water column with food .

2. Click Here!

3. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

Mine feed themselves......;D
    [​IMG]

4. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

ditto, mine feed themselves usually 2x a week I'll drop in some brine or cyclops after lights out just to get the candy canes and anenome fed without fish messing with them

5. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

he,he,he....I actually feed mine pieces of krill once or twice a month or so. I break it up and place it on the heads and they grab onto it and they hold onto them for at least the couple hours before I go to bed. And the next morning they are big and fat so I assume the eat them! ;D
    Plus I feed my tank Rods food supplemented with vitamens and HUFAs and about once a week I target feed everything with phytofeast with a turkey baster with all pumps off! I will also add a couple times a week into tank articpods and decrease the amount of Rods!

But my candycanes have almost tripled in size at least since I got them. I have fragged them a couple times and given pieces away. I have had the lights off all day due to some algea problems so they are down a little now!

But I have to target feed as I have sun corals....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. shawn8003

shawn8003 Astrea Snail

I just use a dropper and spot feed with blood worms and brine shrimp. The little tentacles will come out and grab the food.