feeding candy cane

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by coaster, Feb 11, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Reef Lover

Reef Lover Sea Dragon

They look GREAT!!!!!

2. Click Here!

3. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

Thanks Reef Lover...I have really nurtured them from a poor sad looking thing to this. They are splitting pretty good now. I guess in a year they have made 3 or 4 new polyps.

Jay

4. coaster

coaster Astrea Snail

Thanks Jay. I'm going to try that. I have tryed using my fingers but during the day with no tenticles out. the Mysis just slide off.

5. Reef Lover

Reef Lover Sea Dragon

I soak the food with selcon and garlic then feed them twice a day.

6. reptoreef

reptoreef Plankton

Place a 2 liter with the bottom cut out over the coral and with a turkey baster, blaste a little thawed food into the bottle until the feeders are out then baste again so that the feeders get some food in them and close up... after aboyt 15 minutes, take the bottle out and you should be good.

Jason

7. gawlowski

gawlowski Astrea Snail

I target feed my trumpet and candycane coral by using the Kent seasquirt(invaluable tool) or use a turkey baster. Gently squirt brine shrimp on top of the head from a specimen cup or another kind of cup Be careful not to poke the heads, though. They will close up and look like little swollen balloons. I feed them 2x a week.

8. Click Here!

9. jonathan

jonathan Aiptasia Anemone

i bought a small colony (3 heads) of "bluish" caulastrea about 3 months ago. i target feed each head a small peice of table shrimp (grocery store) soaked in selcon once a week before a water change using gloves and tweezers. one head has already split and another will probably within the next month.

10. kodji

kodji Plankton

I have had some success with feeding baby brine shrimp from a dropper. Especially if you wait a little while for the tenticles to come out and grab the food. Interesting to watch.

11. That Guy

That Guy Aiptasia Anemone

Turn the flow down in the tank while you feed and use a turkey baster to gently blow mysis, brine, cyclops, oyster eggs, or whatever you it is that you have been feeding your corals. If they are doing well they split new heads like crazy! i have also noticed that the more yoy frag them the faster they grow new heads..

1 person likes this.
  12. pwoller

pwoller Spaghetti Worm

I also use a baster and rods food. Last night I watched one of the heads eat a chunk of food that was almost as wide as a penny. I was suprised but it blew up and just slowly ate it.