feeding Bubble Coral?

Discussion in 'Coral' started by Billme, Feb 13, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sc50964

sc50964 Plankton

No problem! This is my green bubble after three years. I actually didn't start feeding mysis to the fish until 3 months ago. It has gotten bigger every year and the tentacles got longer as well. Had to move it around and make sure nothing is within it's 4" reach. [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. Billme

Billme Eyelash Blennie

It looks great. Is it glued to that rock?

4. sc50964

sc50964 Plankton

No, it's wedged in among rocks. Because it grows and its tentacles can melt other corals, I decided not to glue it so I can move it around.

5. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

I had a pink bubble for over five years. I only really fed it when I was showing someone how cool corals are. On average, less than once a month did I directly feed it. Usually fish.

In that time it gained two additional mouths and about trippled in size. One of my all time favorites.

Of interest, there was a colt (or maybe it was a kenya) coral that when fully expanded would brush up against it. It seemed utterly immune to any bubble attack. . . But otherwise, I kept it separated from my other stony corals.

6. Billme

Billme Eyelash Blennie

Well I guess I have to start planning for mine to get bigger with or without feeding. Gives me a reason to think about a bigger tank. Mine is in a 40 breeder with alot of live rock. There isn't really any other place to move it once it grows. I did move the hammer and there is now about 6 inches from the closest coral. Thanks for the heads up.