faint white patch on clown

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by sweetriden76, Feb 28, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sweetriden76

sweetriden76 Coral Banded Shrimp

faint white patch on clown...got better...

heres a picture of my clown, theres a faint white spot on his side, I dont know what it is or how the best way to get rid of it is...hes acting fine now so I want to catch it quick hes fairly small, like 1.25-1.5 inches...TIA for any help, I hope hes gonna be ok, the pair of them seem to enjoy one another.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  2. Click Here!

3. sweetriden76

no answers?...i really hope hes ok, anyone please, will a FW dip do him any good, if so how long in the FW

4. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

cant really see it in the pic. Can you get a pic without the flash?

5. sweetriden76

I would but this morning its almost unoticable so maybe its getting better, he had some on both sides but it all seems to have almost dissapered, so I dunno if it comes back I will

6. Executivelevel

Executivelevel Peppermint Shrimp

i would think he will pull through, my 55g crashed hard and my 3 clowns didnt even bat an eye about it!! good luck though, give em clean water and alot to eat and they should do fine.

7. sweetriden76

they dont seem to eat that much, they have only been in ther since tuesday though, I saw the one snatch something off of the rocks, the pseudochromis is eating well though and he has totally stopped bothering the clowns so I geuss they are just settleing in, I am gonna start hatching brine shrimp this weekend I think, and ill get them some different food also to entice them, I have bio-blend small pellets(more like tiny disc shaped pieces)now which says its for finicky fish, but ill get some other stuff this weekend

8. Click Here!

9. Executivelevel

Executivelevel Peppermint Shrimp

i feed them "Ocean nutrition brine shrimp plus flakes" and all my clowns, damsels and tangs love the stuff, even my 4 baby blacks.

10. sweetriden76

ok, I'll pick some up sunday, also thinking of getting a cheap brine shrimp hatcher and just hatching them for the fish, that way they will swim around till they get eaten rather then sink in the tank

11. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

maby if the pseudochromis was bothering the clowns it could be a nick or scrape, some pseudos can be very territorial. or even maby a bump or scrape off the rock

12. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Its looks to be a simple bruise maybe hit a rock I'm . As for a freshwater dip LOL I'd never have or never would apply that as a cure for anything.. If people under the physiology of the marine fish more would stop the practice And I don't even love animals :) I like them but if one needs to be put down I'll do it no problem. I just hope I can get the same treatment if or ever needed. But I have shoved a hood through a few worms butts LOL and ate .. Just Let the fish be a few days the stress of removing it if you can even would do it more harm then good. Oh physiology that is a real word right ? :) sounded good to me ;D