Expedite your cycle! For all setting up a new aquarium.

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by Nvizn, Jun 28, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

I have never supported bottled bacteria because it just never worked for me. But I have to be honest I'm sold on this product. Thanks for the post.

2. Click Here!

3. Crimson Ghost

Crimson Ghost Blue Ringed Angel

I don’t know if this is snake oil or a wonder product – also don’t ever care to know. In my opinion anyone going into this hobby lacking patience is doomed for failure. This product is supporting and sending the wrong message to new hobbyists – all of us here know better, rush a marine tank and you did you self wrong. Products like this tell people they can rush their tanks and I am just against It – that’s not to say it doesn’t work.

1 person likes this.
  4. Nvizn

Nvizn Montipora Digitata

Did you take the opportunity to watch the video? An in-depth explanation is given why his particular product works, while others do not. Mark also puts the product to the test in the video and gives you his results. Check it out.

5. Foreverfishy

Foreverfishy Purple Spiny Lobster

Being new to the salt water aquarium (been setting up my 125 gal tank for the last 3 months, getting anxious to start), this sounds like a good idea. HOWEVER if it sounds to good to be true it probably is, also I think messing with mother nature (aka natural cycling of the tank) may/possibly have some effect on the tank (whether good or bad).

For the price of these items I would pass, they are way to much for the amount/size you purchase. I am going to let my tank cycle properly.

6. Nvizn

Nvizn Montipora Digitata

In all honesty, if you feel that $25 is too much to spend on a product for your aquarium, I believe you may be in the wrong hobby.

7. Crimson Ghost

I actually did watch it, like I said it might work - I just think it sends the wrong message...just my 2 cents. if someone uses the product and is sucessfull good for them, if they pick up bad habits and think all things good comes from bottles and rushing things we will be here to help them.

8. Click Here!

9. Foreverfishy

umm an 8oz bottle is $51.36...that seems expensive. Since you appear to be marketing this product, why do you set up a tank and do the test yourself? This way it's better than a video and you will have first hand experience and either back the product up or disprove it.

10. Nvizn

Nvizn Montipora Digitata

Unfortunately, I already have 3 aquariums and no further room for any additional. If you watch the full video, you will see Mark set up a 130 gallon using his product. He also shows the results.

11. Foreverfishy

Unfortunately I am at work (working hard btw8)) and cannot see the video. Even if it did work, I have a hard time believing it since it's the seller trying to market his product. If it were someone from the forum with first hand experience then I would have an easier time believing it.

I'm not trying to discredit the guy and the work he's done, it's that I have seen to many misleading products that dont work as intended.

Here's a deal, you buy it for me and I will let you know how it goes :)

12. Crimson Ghost

Here, I found this on another forum from 2009: Dr. Tim'S One & Only Nitrifying Bacteria Does It Work? - Tropical Fish Forums

daily test results are provided in the forum, sorry couldn't find anything more recent. Still say even if it works its jsut sends the wrong message. Best to all, I am unsubscribing from this thread now as I have contributed my all….enjoy the convo kids….