Exactly's ZEOvit 90G has reached the end :(

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by exactlyobp, May 13, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

Thanks Cheryl! Speaking of, the RBTA split the other day. Now each clown has one :D

2. Click Here!

3. Inertiatic

Inertiatic Bubble Tip Anemone

Looking good Shin! Love your nem as well.

Looks like I missed out on some big changes on my hiatus. What happened to your tank and what the heck is Zeovit?

4. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

Thanks Mike! Well just got too lazy/busy (with work, have been woking 72hours/week for a while), didn't test the water, Alk hit 10dKH~, and lost corals, is all :(

Here is by someone else who put together about zeovit. Warning: its long.

5. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

Well, what you're showing looks good at least.

Reefing wouldn't be reefing if it was always simple.

6. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

Sucks about the corals bud.
    Fish are looking good tho.
    Hows that sand holding up with staying in place?

7. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

Spathulata, abro, joe, green nobilis among other fav corals, gone :(

True that tho Hunter, its hard, that makes everything interesting. Always something to figure out. Thanks tho! :)

Thanks bro.. the sand is staying its place for the most part. Its so "zen" to scape the sand.. :cheesy:

Upgraded the BRS 75 GPD RODI to 150 GPD by replacing the long due membrane. Had to call BRS customer service tho to figure out the water restrictor installation. Soda lime is on the way too to get the pH raised and stabilized (pH has been 7.7)

[​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

10. Inertiatic

Looks like we were in the same boat. When I finally really got the time to dedicate to the tanks, they were already such a mess. Glad you are gettings things on track again!

Read up on Zeovit, very interesting. So you are running a reactor of the stuff? Is your system a ULNS now?

Depends on the system. I believe most people keep their alkalinity between 7-9 dKH. 10-12 for grow out systems sometimes. The main thing is to have it stable and in a balance with calcium and magnesium, so if Shin's alkalinity quickly rose to 10 from say 8, then yes that is bad.

11. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

Apparently in my system it is.. But it really depends. Just like Mike said. I try to keep it stable at ~7dKH.

Yes, I run full zeovit with zeoreactor with zeolite rocks. I converted to zeovit from biopellets on 5/11/2013, ran it for few months, still coundnt shake the bad macro (dictyota) issue, so i decided to start over with new rocks etc on 8/14/2013. PO4 has been zero so I have been trying to feed fish rather generously.

I know ReefBruh is about to start full zeovit on his 600 gal and FaceOfDeceipt is running biopellets with zeovit additives.

12. Inertiatic

Damn, sounds pretty awesome. What about nitrates, do you have any detectable?

So weird that it replaces a refugium.