Evil Parisite Won :(

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by Birchell, Feb 20, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Well it looks like all the fish are comming out of the tank!! I set up my 10 gallon as a QT tank, and ill hypo them, and treat copper. Ill let the tank sit for a week or so with the lights off. I hope that helps. Ive read 24 hours, but why do they say to QT for 2-4 weeks if it dies over night?? Wish me luck!!

2. Click Here!

3. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Good news!! All the fish are in the 10 gallon QT with a SG of 1.014. Ill slowly bring it up over a week or so. Im dosing copper, and all seem to be doing well!! The dottyback it alive, lol. I thought it was dead, but after tring to move it, the poor guys sprung to life. He is swimming around today, and has alot of color back. The 100g got taken down to get the fish out, and I couldnt put it back the way I had it, :lol:, so it is alot different now. I like one island, but the other is kinda weak. Oh well, I think im gonna order some marshal rock later this week or next to fill in the gaps. Thanks for the support guys!! It is just a shocker when your prize fish takes a noise dive. I just look at it like, now I dont have to worry about my corals, lol. Atleast untill I get some more angels :hehe: .

4. TheDuck

TheDuck Fire Worm

I feel your pain... Right now all I have is my trigger and some live rock. Everything else is either dead or back at the LFS (inverts).

Trying to get nitrates and nitrites down, but everything else is doing fine. I'm going to wait a few more weeks and get another clown.

Now, all I need is a cleaning crew that will fight back and not get eaten!

5. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

lol, good luck there!! conchs seem to have a thick shell, you mite try them. I hate ick!! But ive learned alot, and will qt all fish now, :lol: .