everythings dead and I am ticked

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by coldshot, Feb 25, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. adam

adam Montipora Digitata

I had a Anemone eat an orange linkia once but did just fine after digesting it. I had to suction out all the orange waste. I also lost a blue spotted seahare to a open brain that looked very happy the next morning. Any creature that wonders around the tank can be easy prey for an anemone. Good Luck

2. Click Here!

3. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

I think you should go in the Pet Store and tell him what happened. Maybe he didn't know and you could prevent this from happening to someone else. You deserve a store credit or something, he should replace you livestock. Don't work bout Unclejed, he doesn't mean to be cranky or jump the gun. He was just trying to help. Please keep posting on 3reef. everyone makes mistakes and we can help.

1 person likes this.
  4. Annie3410

Annie3410 Teardrop Maxima Clam

i agree.. i think the store should help you out.

5. coldshot

coldshot Blue Ringed Angel

The lady that sold it to me said there are no guarentees in SW I told her if she had been honest it woudnt be like this. The owner was out but he wont up nothing for it. He sold a lady a sea apple not long ago and it died the next day and took out a several year old 250 gal tank...he said it aint my problem so I know Im screwed....Some people shouldnt be allowed to sell these things...The next store is Tulsa but its 100 miles so maybe I will try saltwaterfish.com or peice of the reef on ebay...

6. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

you don't want to do business with them then.

7. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

also try to see if there is a local reef club in your area! They can give you good advice about where to buy, and will often times do frag swaps, sell fish etc! Mine is having a frag swap in a couple weeks, I am hoping my dino clears up so I can replace some of the corals that I am loosing now!

8. Click Here!

9. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Wow. That's a very irresponsible way to do business. Definitely take your business elsewhere. Check out our sponsor page while you're shopping for on-line retailers :)

10. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

Hmmm........seems you mistook my intentions. All I was trying to do was encourage you to take a more investigative approach to your hobby. I was taken aback by the animosity. I was giving you HELP by the encouragement of researching as some have encouraged me in the past. As a coach, I help others to find in themselves qualities and characteristics they may not see in themselves. If you didn't like my reply perhaps you could have sent me a PM and explained what you didn't like and we could have avoided any ill feelings you seem to have derived from the post. I don't mind you doing it in the open forum as it will lead others to remember that each post read is subjective the person reading and may be misconstrued. Hope everything works out for you and may all your reef keeping days be less stressful.

1 person likes this.
  11. coldshot

coldshot Blue Ringed Angel

Hopefully they will be....

12. Fusion

Fusion 3reef Sponsor

While i do agree w/ unclejed about duo diligence on researching animals before caring for them. You basically trusted the people at the pet store. that was your first mistake. But dont take offense, just learn from it.

Sea hares (Aplysia sp., etc) most of them have the same ink that is in cephalopds for the most part and use it as an escape response. Sea hares can be nasty when they release but also you had an anemone that was probably sliming and completely bumbed out. So you had two animals releasing crap in your system. That stressed everybody out and stress begets stress so now everybody is stressed out.

Do multiple partial water changes. change your carbon and at another bag to compensate for the animal discharge and crank up your skimmer so its pulling wet waste. empty the skimmer as much as possible. the goal is to remove the animal discharge and get things back to normal. If memory serves your skimmer will be pulling more out anyway due to the make-up of the sea hare discharge...it is kind of mucus based so you will be able to remove a lot of it with the skimmer.

good luck