euro reef vs. reef dynamics

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by NittyGritty, Mar 7, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. hairyman1

hairyman1 Plankton

Hey glad you like your new skimmer. I saw a 135 for $200.00 at a LFS. I don't really need it, but what the hell. You think if I tell them powerman from 3reef is critical of RD I could get a further discount?

2. Click Here!

3. Lecter

Lecter Plankton

Man...LA Fishguys, Episode 88 pt 4, Protein Skimmer,Narcissism is the best realization for this man.

4. marks270galreef

marks270galreef Flamingo Tongue

ive rand cone skimmers and euroreefs... they have some cool models i think my favorite was the euroreef 6-2 with the sedra 500 pump... it skimmed my tank like no tomorrow...

i run a hurricone now with a reeflo pump and its rock solid in my opinion..

i do think that reef dynamics is awesome company.... i loved the rs80 models as well.. they skimmed tanks from 55-90 gallons great..my friend had one on his 65 gallon... and i used to stare at that tank all the time.... they are built great and offer a pump that always turns on ... that too me is a big downfall of the sicci pumps two people that i know of had restart issues... continually...

5. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

Did they have mesh mods. Pumps not starting 9 times out of 10 is due to owner error modifying the pumps.

If it was starting backwards... well ya that was always the case and that has been fixed with Sicce's newer pumps.

6. marks270galreef

marks270galreef Flamingo Tongue