euphyllia proximity?

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by country1911, Dec 15, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. country1911

country1911 Coral Banded Shrimp

Hi, I have 2 different frogspawns currently that are roughly 3.5 inches apart. I am curious if this will cause problems in the future? One is brown with green tips and the other is green with pink tips.

If it will cause problems, what should I look for? One coral receding on the side that the other coral is on?

Thanks in advance!

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Should not be a problem. They may not open as fully on the common side but will not harm each other.

1 person likes this.
  4. MoJoe

MoJoe Dragon Wrasse

euphs are fine touching, I found that my hammers and frogspawn seemed happier and extended more when placed close together. Sam goes for my torch, they did better when I put them around one another. Strength in #'s maybe?

1 person likes this.
  5. country1911

country1911 Coral Banded Shrimp

Thanks guys! k+ to both of you

6. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

Euphyllia can be touching each other with no problems. Just don't do the same with other corals.

7. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

Ive actually placed a hammer and frogspawn right next to eachother on purpose before...
    So when polyps extended it looked like one huge piece.

Wouldnt do this with a torch and other euphyllias though... not sure of the consequences