Eshopps Realistic Frag Rock

Discussion in 'Eshopps Inc.' started by reefmonkey, Jul 18, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

I received this cool new "rock" from my good friend at Eshopps. Those guys never stop thinking of ways to make the hobby more enjoyable, all the while keeping it affordable.

The frag rock is a 3.5" diameter realistic looking artificial rock that holds up to 5 1 7/8" frag plugs securely. Just looking at it for a few minutes today I was able to come up with a dozen different ways I'd use it.
    • 5 plugs with different colored zoa's and paly's would make a cool little garden
    • Stuff the holes with Xenia of different types and cover with veil would make a nice island.
    • A tall branching LPS like some type of Euphy in the center and surround with zoa's
    Those are just some of the ideas that came to mind right away.

[​IMG]

This artificial rock is well thought out and will quickly be inhabited by colonizing microbacter, becoming a part of the natural bio-filtration. The surface area is textured with many small and large pores and is colored to resemble a mature rock allowing it to fit in with your aquascape and not stand out like a sore thumb.
    [​IMG]

The bottom of the rock is dished with a level 1/8" rim around the circumference and it is heavy. These features will give your frags a solid base that isn't going to be disrupted by sand sifters or flow pumps.
    The top side is beveled so that your frags will be at a good viewing angle.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The one issue I have with it that it is almost too round and hockey puck looking. But still I'm happy to have it and look forward to the time when I get to fill it with frags.
    This is going to look great when in my new build. I'm thinking I'll do the zoa garden with it.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

Sweeet. Im hoping to get an eshopps frag cave soon.

4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Very nice write up Mike, thanks

Can't wait to see what you do with it. I like the garden concepts.

1 person likes this.
  5. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

For all you that love Eshopps.

The Realistic Frag Rock will be available to purchase the first week of Sept. I've been told that many can be had at the Eshopps booth during MACNA. FosterandSmithAquatics will be one of the reputable online authorized dealers of Eshopps products that will be carrying this product.

Some updates:
    The rock I received is the standard size and will come with 5 ceramic Eshopps Realistic frag plugs. Like those that come with the cave.
    There will also be a nano version of this product that measures 2.5" in diameter, holds and comes with 3 plugs.
    Prices for each are $12.99 for the standard and $9.99 for the nano rock.

I chose to begin a polyp garden with mine. :)
    [​IMG]