Eshopps PSK-200 poor assembly instructions

Discussion in 'Eshopps Inc.' started by Magnus, Feb 7, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Hello, I just bought my PSK-200 skimmer and I was very disappointed with the assembly instructions.

The one page says: Take the skimmer out of the box, and assembly like in the picture above

This is not enough for somebody like me, without any experience in the matter and without the exact know-how a skimmer should be assembled. Added to the fact that some parts seem to go in the pipes or with different configurations.... the lack of explanation on how to assemble is beyond my comprehension.

I can honestly say that I do not like to "guess" how to put things together.

I would really appreciate some detailed instructions pdf file in the website at least, so I can finally put this together the right way, the first time without any guess work.

Do you have anything like a detailed assembly manual anywhere?

Sincerely,

- Magnus.

Edit: I'm not bashing the product. I'm sure it works wonders as I've seen many very good reviews out there. Just the assembly is to me a mystery without proper, detailed instructions.

2. Click Here!

3. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

Can you post a picture of all the parts?

4. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

weird with my xp..... instructions werent needed.... a preschooler could have put together my skimmer.

5. wfb2270

wfb2270 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

my eshopps overflow was the same way, granted wasnt to hard to figure out. but i am an instruction oriented person so didnt like guessing that way

6. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

I'll post pics in a little while, I hope you can help me put this together.

I can put things together, but I can't possibly know if it was assembled the right way. WHat if I missed putting some washer I didn't know about? These are the things, along with the user's ignorance, that make an excellent product feel like a bad purchase.

- Mag.

7. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

No worries, I'll get you up and running in no time.

I'm the same way. After running a few skimmers and starting to understand how they work mechanically, I'm confident figuring it out, but I wouldn't of had a clue with my first one.

8. Click Here!

9. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Here, are the pictures:

This is the skimmer almost as It came out of the box. I added the elbow that goes to the pump... I have no idea if I missed any washers, etc:
    [​IMG]

This left side, in the assembly picture page shows a T about an inch above the elbow but mine came with that pvc tube already glued to the elbow... I'm not sure what to do there:
    [​IMG]

This is the other side, I put the elbow that goes from the pump to the skimmer, but I stopped there because I don't know if I'm missing the washers or what goes in there:
    [​IMG]

Lastly, here are all the pieces that I have. Where do I put the washers on the top right, what's that crazy cillindrical looking thing with the two small tubes coming from the top? Please help!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

Thanks for all the help... i really feel helpless, since I don't know how a skimmer is supposed to be put together.... I never had one!!! :)

- Mag.

10. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

By the way, i wanted to put it together tonight, but I won't be able to operate it since my sump isn't built yet because I haven't found the right size tank yet.

- Mag.

11. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Wow, that's a few pieces for that skimmer. My i-Tech came with the pump, a wedge pipe, the cup, and the skimmer body. They should provide you with plenty of instructions when there's that many pieces.

12. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I agree. My overflow had horrible directions! I figured it out, but there was some confusion at first.