eshopps overflow? Update

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by mdbostwick, Feb 3, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

So it worked fine with no air in the U tube until today and it was just creeping water through again like in the horribly out of focus picture above.
    A lot of bubbles are coming from the intake end and I do suck the air out with a 1/4 airline, which i love so much to do.:confused:

Are you saying to raise the box or lower it?

The next time it loses water I will check it again thoroughly for hairline cracks. If there is a crack is there a repair that can be done or just replace it?

I have wondered if flow might be the problem the bubbles going through it move pretty quick but i don't remember how fast they moved before I got the new pump and it is always the same tube getting the bubble. I worry about changing my pump speed due to possible overflow.

2. Click Here!

3. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

I kinda forgot, but I think lowering it will keep less bubbles from entering the intake?

mdbostwick likes this.
  4. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I would honestly not make all these adjustments until you replace the u tube. It's a common problem and a cheap one at that. I went through the same thing and I wish I didn't beat my head against the wall and just bought a new tube.

5. mdbostwick

Update: So the U tube which was losing pressure has been doing fine recently. I think i restarted the siphon on it twice since i first posted. But the other one has been doing it now.

So now I know there is some other factor rather than a hairline crack letting air in. I increased my pump speed so I will test that and see how it goes, which is hopefully not all over the floor. :eek:

6. mdbostwick

And btw, this problem is fixed.