eshopps float valve

Discussion in 'Eshopps Inc.' started by reeferdude, Jul 31, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reeferdude

reeferdude Fire Shrimp

how do i mount the float ball to the float ball fix frame? i need to separate the inlet fitting from the actual float ball valve so i can put the inlet through the hole on the mounting bracket and secure it with the nut. the float valve came brand new out of the box put together. i don't know if the inlet is screwed or glued to the float valve. it feels like its glued when i try to unscrew it. i don't want to break it since i just got it brand new yesterday....
    you wont know what i am talking about if you don't have one of these valves from eshopps. :confused::confused::confused:

2. Click Here!

3. reeferdude

reeferdude Fire Shrimp

here is a pic of the diagram that came with the float valve... 002.jpg

4. reeferdude

reeferdude Fire Shrimp

this is how it came out of the box... 003.jpg

5. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

The inlet should unscrew. Nothing should be glued. You might have to loosen the fix nut first.

6. libog2fish

libog2fish Fire Shrimp

hehe it's fairly simple....
    i'd go upon reading the instructions or watching my video on youtube how to mount the float valve...
    check out my youtube channel...

7. reeferdude

reeferdude Fire Shrimp

i loosen the jam nut on the inlet fitting, it doesn't have anything to do with holding the inlet fitting to the float ball valve...its there to hold inlet fitting tight in the mounting bracket
    as far as reading the directions, it says to assemble the parts as shown on map (aka...the diagram)... the float ball valve was already assembled when i opened the box... see photo from earlier post
    if anybody has bought one of these before, was your valve already assembled like mine?

8. Click Here!

9. djbonney138

djbonney138 Peppermint Shrimp

The frame is upside down in the pic. The instructions are pretty straight forward. You do have to disconnect the float ball from the inlet and attach to the "fix"frame. Then attach the holder to the "hanged" frame.

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Looks like you got some help here but I have moved this thread to the Eshopps board so that you can get some direct help as well from the source.

matt

11. reeferdude

reeferdude Fire Shrimp

thank you for letting me know the frame is upside down (i felt i should show the eshopps logo because it is their product... it would not show in pic the other way. but thanks for pointing that out...
    thanks for telling me to read the instructions, i already read them a few times before my first post but i will read them again...
    by the way, while you are telling me things... please tell me "how to separate the float ball from the inlet"... thanks you are very helpful!!!!

12. reeferdude

reeferdude Fire Shrimp