Eny Meny Miny Mo

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by techno2, Apr 19, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. techno2

techno2 Stylophora

Looks like it, thanks

\Cheers

2. Click Here!

3. techno2

techno2 Stylophora

Any idea of knowing how much heat ? Right now I run steady at 78. What degree jump would I expect with the MH ?

I certainly am not going down the chiller route...

\Cheers

4. wareagle35031

wareagle35031 Bubble Tip Anemone

I just have ordered one of these, however when it arrived, they shipped the wrong one, and sent one with only one metal halide, So they have to reship monday, that kinda sux

1 person likes this.
  5. techno2

techno2 Stylophora

Bummer for sure..

When you get the right one in and run it, can you tell me what your heat goes up to ?

What size tank is this going on ?

\Thanks

6. wareagle35031

65 gal, i hooked up the other one to see what it would look like, i was running a 2 bulb florecent and i couldnt take it, the one metal halide looks o.k., but i still have some dark places on the sides, and i have a center brace and you can tell with a single metal halide fixture. I thought about the same fixtures you were looking at, due to price and preformance, and decided on this one. hope my reserch helps you some.

7. techno2

techno2 Stylophora

Good thanks.

With the dual MH and T5, it seemes to be around 480w, that would be around 10 w per gallon in my 46 at 20" deep. Too much ? I am worried about increasing heat too much but I can afford a degree or two.

Thnaks

8. Click Here!

9. pshootr

pshootr Fire Worm

I wish I could answer that for ya, but I have not used MH yet. But I am in a similar situation. I want to set up a 65 gallon tank, with a light like you are looking at. So I also would love to know how warm a 65 would get under 2x150 MH.

10. wareagle35031

i think you will be good, if it raises the temp you can place a fan blowing over the water surface.

11. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

You could always hang the lights a little higher using the hanging kit instead of the legs. That would also help you with any heat issues. Just food for thought. Luna

12. pshootr

pshootr Fire Worm

I sure hope so. I really don't want the look of the fan clamped on my tank.