Enough to make anyone angry

Discussion in 'Environmental' started by ibefishy, Feb 2, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

If the LFS got to you, don't enter the wholesale side. I've worked every facet of this industry besides collections and wholesale is not for the faint of heart. If our exporter sat on a load offish too long and shipped them starved we'd see the results on our side and it was never a pretty sight :(

The Santa Cruz yacht harbor sees hundred of thousands of dead fish float up every year. The anchovies enter the harbor, drop the DO and all die. this has been going on sine they built the harbor.

Last year a herring boat lost it's net while pulling it and thousands upon thousands of herring washed up on our beaches.

Hurrican Katrina wiped out hundreds of thousands of codfish in Norwegian hatcheries due to the drop in salinity. They received several feet of rain and it wiped the farms out.

What you see in those pictures in nothing in comparison to the above. Pretty fish, like pretty dogs/cats/etc, pull more on your emotions then the herring, anchovies and codfish. Don't let your heart over power your brain :)

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

True. And yes, it was a drag. All of this inspired my Low Impact Aquariums article. Now as I am trying to track down salt this week - I am thinking about all this stuff again.

4. bje

bje Long-fin Bannerfish

finding that new seachem aquavitro for your new tank?