Emperor Angelfish losing color

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Triggerfish, Jul 22, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Triggerfish

Triggerfish Ritteri Anemone

Hi, my Emperor Angelfish(juvi)'s color continue to fade. I'd like to know what other people feed them with success. This was once an amazing looking fish, now it looks very sad. I feed it New Life Spectrum pelletsdaily and Ocean Nutrition Angelfish prepared frozen food and frozen brine shrimp every now and then. Is there something I'm missing or is it that I need to feed the angelfish food more often?
    If you have a proper looking Emperor Angelfish, please tell me what you feed it.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. fishluver

fishluver Sea Dragon

You sould try mysis over brine cause brine isnt that much nutritiuonal And also feed the angel fish formula every day with the mysis. Your so lucky to have one of those fish Ive always wanted one!!

4. Phayes

Phayes Aiptasia Anemone

what age is it exactly? When emperors go through that akward transition stage from juvenile to adult, lots of their colors fade, and new ones slowly begin to appear (Makes for a very ugly fish for a fair period of time). Probably the reason you never see anybody marketing "Emperor fish in the middle of puberty". Cause they're ass ugly!

Do a search for pictures of emperor fish in the midst of this transition and see if it has any resemblence to the color changes your fish is experiencing.

5. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

yeah I was going to say...that emperors do change as they grow...will be a completely different fish as an adult compared to a juvenile.

Also soak all your foods in HUFA and vitamins..this will help your fish stay healthier and have their colors really zing!

1 person likes this.
  6. Bunner

Bunner Bubble Tip Anemone

from my book it says they may lose colour when they become adults and may not be as vibrant as a wild adult emperor. I also have one but just a baby.

7. Triggerfish

Triggerfish Ritteri Anemone

Thanks I'll look up about them losing their color in between the juvenile and adult stages.
    I thought it was going to look something like this beautiful juvi/adult.
    24M1000-13-emperor-angelfish.jpg
    Picture from Angelfish Stock Pictures

8. Click Here!

9. trelane

trelane Peppermint Shrimp

Each Angelfish is different, and yes there are sites that sell angelfish during the change. saltwaterfish amongst them.

10. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

Try giving it some dried algae on a clip. Some juvi angels eat this until they mature.