emperor angel dosent change colors?

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by fishluver, Jun 16, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. fishluver

fishluver Sea Dragon

I read somewhere that they had an emperor and it never change colors. oh here i just found the (Comment). Is this true because i was thinking about maybe getting one but not real serious.

I noticed a lot of people have posted that they have had their emperor angel for years and have had no signs of color change. I bought mine about a year ago as a juvenile and with in a few weeks noticed it start to change. Now almost a year later the change is almost complete. The only thing left is the black mask around the eyes. I don't know that I have done anything special or maybe I bought him right before he would have naturally started his change. I just thought this very interesting and maybe someone would know why mine changed when no one elses is.
    Dustin Harders
    2009-05-07 ​

2. Click Here!

3. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

Never heard of one not changing!! Wonder where he got that info from.

4. fishluver

fishluver Sea Dragon

I wonder to. How long does it take them to change if you buy it like 2"-3"?

5. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

juveniles begin to change anywhere from 3 - 6 inches. From what I have been told and read they can change within 6 months or longer do to care, water quality etc.

They are very cool but should not be kept in a reef tank. I also plan on adding one to my FOWLR when I have the money. They require at least a 125 but bigger is better.

6. fishluver

fishluver Sea Dragon

Their change is unpredictable!!