emperor angel dosent change colors?

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by fishluver, Jun 16, 2009.

1. fishluver

fishluver Sea Dragon

I read somewhere that they had an emperor and it never change colors. oh here i just found the (Comment). Is this true because i was thinking about maybe getting one but not real serious.

I noticed a lot of people have posted that they have had their emperor angel for years and have had no signs of color change. I bought mine about a year ago as a juvenile and with in a few weeks noticed it start to change. Now almost a year later the change is almost complete. The only thing left is the black mask around the eyes. I don't know that I have done anything special or maybe I bought him right before he would have naturally started his change. I just thought this very interesting and maybe someone would know why mine changed when no one elses is.
    Dustin Harders
    2009-05-07 ​
  2. Click Here!

3. chris adams

chris adams Scooter Blennie

Never heard of one not changing!! Wonder where he got that info from.
  4. fishluver

fishluver Sea Dragon

I wonder to. How long does it take them to change if you buy it like 2"-3"?
  5. chris adams

chris adams Scooter Blennie

juveniles begin to change anywhere from 3 - 6 inches. From what I have been told and read they can change within 6 months or longer do to care, water quality etc.

They are very cool but should not be kept in a reef tank. I also plan on adding one to my FOWLR when I have the money. They require at least a 125 but bigger is better.
  6. fishluver

fishluver Sea Dragon

Their change is unpredictable!!