Emergency! Help! 02 problems

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by kcbrad, Sep 28, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

When I bought my tank off of CL, everyone said to be careful of a mini cycle even though i transferred everything, but the sand. I actually bought more live sand to put in though. did you do the same or was it dry?

Also, please check all params again, as grinder said and let us know what they are

2. Click Here!

3. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Yeah - I just checked them like 10 minutes ago when I noticed everyone acting about to die.

I'm so upset :( And now my firefish and damsel went into the rocks so I can't easily catch them if I need to.

4. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I've had these fish for over two years, if they die I'm going to be heartbroken :(

I really don't know what to do. All params are fine, just tested, 02 should be fine, but that's the only thing I can think that is the problem...

5. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

If you have any Prime put some of that in. Aerate the heck out of the tank.

6. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

If your params are fine,plenty of surface agitation going on then i'm stumped,unless mabey a stray voltage

1 person likes this.
  7. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I have no extra power heads or pumps....the one I have isn't working. And my fiance is gone, and I can't leave my dog because she had surgery. This is freaking horrible.

I'm so upset.

I'm really thinking about throwing them into my 90 gallon....there is plenty of oxygen in there...I can't just watch them die.

8. Click Here!

9. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

Before you do that is there anything else that may be wrong with them? do they have any spots, cloudy eyes, etc?

10. grinder37

if you feel thats best then grab them while you can,but i'm concerned of adding yet more stress

11. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

Or could it be possible that they have velvet? I hear it can hit fish fast - less than 24 hours

12. grinder37

Do you have a voltmeter?