Elegance Coral

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by totter0817, Nov 19, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. KOgle

KOgle Zoanthid

Otty, do you have the Aussie brand or the indonesian brand? I know yours has grown nicely over the past year.

One other thing that hasn't been mentioned about the elegance coral is "harvesting and shipping is key in getting a healthy specimen"

So how about some pictures of this thing? ;D

2. Click Here!

3. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

I will have to wait until in the morning for a look at the base because as soon as the actinics come on it opens up and I can't see the base anymore. I will try and check it out in the morning.

4. totter0817

totter0817 Purple Spiny Lobster

Yea I would like to see pics that would be great, I am not quite sure what you guys are talking about with lines to tell where it came from. Any help with me iding it would be helpful. What exactly I am looking for

5. adam

adam Montipora Digitata

Elegane Coral

In general the Aussie ones are much larger than the Indonesian ones.

6. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

and hardier, and prettier and more expensive :)

7. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

here's a pic of mine. See how the lines are seemingly straight from the mouth to the outter edge?
    [​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. Panoramic

Panoramic Plankton

totter - Hello I'm only joined and saw Elegance Coral as a thread - well I bough one 1 month ago without knowing what it was but told the assistant in the shop what my set up is (27 Gal, 25/30 lb of LR 1.5" /2" of LS 120 l Nano skimmer,Carbon Sponge) and she told me that it would be fine - It has been great and even grown a bit - although does shrink a bit when it gets more that 7/8 hours of light (2 x 28 T5's one blue bulb) when i returned to the shop on thursday to buy a yellow finger coral and pick up my Court jester Goby I asked the owner what type of coral it was and said I found out it was an Elegance Coral , and could it sting fish - she said it wasn't and said it was a comb coral ?

Anyway I keep it just of the bottom Stuck to a Live Rock medium flow and it is a Beaut

1 person likes this.
  10. totter0817

Yea my elegance is not nearly as big as that, the tentacles on it are fairly short. Even when it looks like the whole thing puffs up, the tentacles stay pretty short. So Im assuming that I have a different variety than the one posted above.

11. Panoramic

Panoramic Plankton

Totter yours sounds a bit like mine where the tenticles seem to be more stumpy - does yours close up quite small sometimes so yo can barely see the centre plate (when the lights have been off a while?)

12. totter0817

No it doesnt close up too much, Im wondering if I put it in a different area if the tentacles will extend more. Im kinda dissappointed because all the elegances that I have seen have been big with these long tentacles. When I bought it from the LFS it was fairly new so I thought it hadnt adapted yet so I figured it would grow longer tentacles. But Ive had it now for about a week and a half it nothing. It puffs up just short tentacles.