Elegance coral. Yes or No?

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by ScottsTanks, Mar 9, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ScottsTanks

ScottsTanks Flamingo Tongue

I'm revamping my 40g breeder completely. I've pulled out all my rock and almost all my fish from my tank (6-line wrasse is left to eat flatworms). I've decided that I'm giving up on SPSfor the time being, too much money for too fickle of corals that always seem to die on me. I'm going to do only LPS and chalices with this tank because I know I can keep them and do enjoy the looks of a lot of LPS corals.

My question is, should I get an elegance coral? I would like to own one but I'm hesitant and frankly, a little scared. I know these things get huge and have a predisposition to sting everything. You'll probably want tank stats; I don't have much as the tank isn't even set up. But, its a 40g breeder, Coralife aqualight Pro (150w hqi, 130w compacts) 1750gph flow (return =250, Koralia evo 1050, and Aqueon 500) 42 lbs live rock in DT, 60lbs of live sand in DT, 20g sump with remote fuge with 6" DSB, live rock, and cheato.