electric flaming scalop

Discussion in 'Clams' started by atcdrifter, Aug 1, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PumaKrieg

PumaKrieg Flamingo Tongue

mine lasted 2 years and he just died within the past couple of months, i think it might have been because i had moved a bunch of rocks around (Due to aggression from one fish towards one another) and it disturbed his home. I hardly ever supplemented although i definently agree i would advise it. Maybe i was just lucky, but mine was SIGNIFICANTLY easier than what i was told it would be, and it was an extremely cool/pretty addition as well.

2. Click Here!

3. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

You must feed it daily with phytoplankton, Marine Snow or any other "filter feeding" foods that are available out there. I've had mine for about 4 months now. Luna

4. PumaKrieg

actually upon looking back, mine might not be a flame.... is he just an easier to keep scallop or was he just as hard?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Hes a Flame Scallop. Most of them die b/c most ppl dont know how to take care of it. You have to feed it daily. Luna

6. PumaKrieg

cool i caught him myself, i did put in marine snow about every 2-3 days but it wasn't just for his benefit... im sure he liked it though thats probably what kept him alive...

so all of you out there... at least in my experience, as long as you don't forget to supplement (which you should be doing anyway) then you very well could be fine.

Gl atcdrifter and hitman35!

7. abraKADAV3R!

abraKADAV3R! Feather Duster

ive been told you need to target feed theses guys...i got one in my tank that isnt electric but hes sooo cool...i feed him marine snow once in a while with an eyedropper right to the mouth

8. Click Here!

9. abraKADAV3R!

abraKADAV3R! Feather Duster

your scallop doesn't look so good...his lil hairs look a bit white...i see that happen to em when they die...or you just got a unique scallop!

10. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

I wonder what their life span is in the wild.

11. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

They come in both, white and red tenticles. I catch them all the time in Miami and have seen both. Some will change from white to red and some will stay white. luna

12. Froc3

Froc3 Fire Goby

I've had mine for quite a while now, I throw plankton in the tank roughly once every 2 days.. he's happy as a clam... errrr scallop! You can tell when they're well fed because they don't "flash" as much. as beautiful as that is.. if they're flashing a lot it means they're hungry and trying to attract phyto...
    Evan.