eight.four aquavitro

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by tank1970, Feb 25, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tank1970

tank1970 Bubble Tip Anemone

anyone use eight.four aquavitro
    safely raises ph to 8.4

the reason I am looking for something to increase ph and alk is for sps growth on a more stable basis.

right now my system is a 180 + 65 sump/refugium.
    I do regular weekly WC with H2O natural salt (highgrade)

but My system has never been above 8.0 ( ave 7.8/7.9) and alk always @ 8 and cal @ 400 (anything over 400 is a waste imo)

it has been stable at these reading for about 11 months. I now have added sps and also have lps - and the rock work is full of coralline algae. I have noticed ups and downs of coral growth and would like to see a more balanced growth.

After lots of research I have narrowed the solution to this aquavitro - eight.four product.

any thoughts?

2. Click Here!

3. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

Any thoughts on why your pH is on the lower side? Have you made sure it is not an oxygen issue? What do you have for substrate and rock? Lighting period for both DT and sump? What is the pH of your water change water after mixed with salt?

Just throwing some things out there. I always like to find the problem vs. using a band-aid. Sometimes they are necessary though!

4. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

I use it. I use the balance by them as well. Both are good products I have found so far. I like the balance because it raises pH without raising alk.

5. tank1970

My total daylight time is 8am to 6:30 pm - I have my blue 50/50 come on an hour before and stay on an hour latter.

My refugium (full of macro algae) is on from 6:30 pm to 6:30 am
    I also run a skimmer rated for a 250 gal and diy carbon/gfo reactor.

180 lb of rock and 2 inches of medium crushed sand.

no nuisance algae.

I am in total agreement with you on dosing. I have always been a WC supporter.

I really can't see an issue with oxygen levels.

6. tank1970

Update - I dosed for the first time yesterday afternoon - @ time of dose my ph was 7.8.

this morning the first thing I noticed was my carpet anemone split - I was shocked!!!!

testing @ 11:30 am (full lights on @ 8:00am) my ph is 8.0.

added second dose.

7. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

The aquavitro line is amazing. That's all I dose with. It will work well for you.

8. Click Here!

9. PghSteeler

PghSteeler Tassled File Fish

I used the eight.four, balance, and calcification for awhile. Very expensive products if you have a large tank!!

The balance did not seem to do much for me as it would raise the pH but only for a short period of time. The calcification worked great and I might go back to it as using the BRS CA seems fruitless with the amount I have to add compared to what I added with the aquavitro line. For alk the eight.four did the job but was just soo expensive with how fast I would go through it.

10. tank1970

I was under the impression that the 8.4 was not a continual dosing product. From my understanding with my high end salt doing weekly WC it should stabilize.

The bottle only cost me 19$ - the bottle should last a while.:confused:

11. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

At my LFS the aquavitro is priced in the middle of other products. For the quality you get I didn't find it expensive at all.

12. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

That's expensive stores round here sell it for 9.99$