EHEIM pro II

Discussion in 'Product Review Archives' started by david, Apr 10, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

I saw these in DR.'s foster... they have a special for $75.96 you can get a eheim pro II with the two spray bar installation sets and media!(this is for model 2026+2126) they have the bigger 2028+2128 models for $90.95.
    I was thinking of getting one and using it for a biological canister and then packing my flu-val as primarily mechanical. Does this sound like a good idea to you guys ? I could then get rid of the bio-wheel 330 off the back of my tank? It would give me more flow.Does any one own one of these canisters? Do they work well and how often do you have to clean them?
    Thanks for any help!!!

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Mason you read it wrong I believe... They are actually closer to $200. YOU SAVE ' $75-90' when you buy the kit. ;)

( THANKS FOR GETTING ME EXCITED! ;D )

Eheims are excellent canister filters. Even their low end models which are what I use to have. Dead quite, easy to use and reliable.

I used to just leave the coarse filter media alone and just change the floss and carbon periodically.

4. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

Yeah now that's a wicked deal! I'm gonna get one.I also just won a wave timer on ebay! Do you think I should just pack the flu-val (it's a 304) with just filter floss, all three trays? Right now it's got floss on the first two and bio (ceramic rings) on the top? What do you think?

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I'd leave the ceramic rings and put them on the bottom since you don't want to disturb them. I'd put carbon bags in the next tray and floss on top tray. Swap out floss every 1-2 weeks, and swap out the carbon every 3-4 weeks.