ecoxotic stunner strips

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by NittyGritty, Feb 11, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 1fishyguy

1fishyguy Purple Spiny Lobster

Stunners are NOT the route you want to go if your wanting to add to your t5 lighting I had two panoramas with a t5 system and you could hardley see the difference so imagine what stunners would look like.. nothing. On the other hand if you want to go with something for night time viewing stunners would work but you would need at least 4 for a 55g best bet is to go with panoramas stunners are better for small tanks.

2. Click Here!

3. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

Panoramas are very, very bright. You would hav to hav some freaking intense lights to not notice the addition to the lighting. Panoramas in many cases are used as main lighting not accent strips. They can grow Sps all on their own. I say get the stunners, if you are not pleased, even though I'm sure you will be, you can always send them back.

4. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Thanks!

5. 1fishyguy

1fishyguy Purple Spiny Lobster

Panoramas are bright but next to a 4ft 4x bulb t5 system the color addition from the blue panoramas is hardly noticed. You can tell but not much. Now if I turn the t5s off the panoramas would light up the room. Stunners are not bright at all. I wold say save your money and go with panoramas.

6. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

How would that work? Saving money by buying one thing instead of another thing that costs a third of the price? I say try out the stunners nitty and if you dont like em send em back. Then you can decide if you want to invest in a few panoramas.

7. NittyGritty

NittyGritty Millepora

Cheers :)

8. Click Here!

9. lynnmw1208

lynnmw1208 Skunk Shrimp

another thing is if you want the UV light spectrum, the stunners are WAY cheaper than the DIY kits at rapidled. I mean $80 for 12 LEDS? no thanks! I was actually just thinking about adding stunners myself as I am looking for a little more pop on my tank. I was thinking 4 UV and 4 royal/magenta on my fixture. Let me know how they work out for you!

10. eelgirl

eelgirl Feather Duster

My stunner strip was the best thing I ever put in my tank haha. Made everything POP. Corals clowns. Everything look so bright and the colors are nuts. I think stunners are a great idea. By the way I have a 55g :)

11. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

actually you will get more for your money going DIY, also you will be able to go brighter for cheaper 1+2=a no brainer. If you are running t5s you will se a slight difference with panoramas, but not enough to justify the cost. with a led retrofit by rapid or modularled.ca you will be much better off, probably getting double what you will with panoramas..
    Take it from me, I have had panoramas and retrofits, and for what your looking for, retrofit will make you happiest in the end.

12. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

a retro fit you will drop a hundred bucks on a 4 led moonlight, whereas you could get one panorama and have way more output.