Ecoxotic Stunner on a 29g

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Coastie Reefer, Jul 29, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

2. Click Here!

3. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

You are correct, there is a whole module that runs the Ecoxiotic panorma strips.

But The OP and I would like to run the stunner strips, as accent lighting to our BoostLED par30s.

Coastie Reefer, I am looking at getting 2 of the 453nm 12.5" stunner strips for my 29g.

4. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

5. Seano Hermano

$43 each for the stunners (12.5")

But you would need to buy a new heatsink for the RapidLED kit...kinda bright for a 29 (as moonlights) too. lol.

6. insanespain

insanespain Ocellaris Clown

Actually that kit comes with the heat sink and everything you need to put it together. And it would be cheaper than buying the stunner strips. I forgot about that small kit from rapid. That actually wouldn't be a bad way to go.

Even one stunner strip is going to be way too bright for moonlights.

7. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

That kit comes with a heat sink. But if you can find a 12 inch aluminum ruler you save mad money. I use a 48 inch on my tank and no overheating.

8. Click Here!

9. Seano Hermano

I just mean that all of the light would be centred in the middle of the tank and you might get a giant "spotlight effect" in the middle...tank is 30" long...heatsink is 12" long. It might work though. :-/

10. insanespain

insanespain Ocellaris Clown

Just find some aluminum U-channel at home depot or the hardware store. Or a aluminum ruler like reefbruh suggested, and ditch the heat sink it comes or mount the heat sink to the ruler for additional cooling.

11. Coastie Reefer

Coastie Reefer Millepora

Yeah I'm actually looking for a more blue for the whole tank. Something that will give the corals more "glow" and enhance their colors while the boosts are on. I'm also looking for a way to have a pure actinic setting (dusk/dawn). For moonlight I already have n nR2 solutions that works nicely.

Thanks for all the replies. Keep the ideas coming.

I'll have to look into the rapid led kit, but I really like plug and play options too.

12. nate_n

nate_n Plankton

I have 2 12.5" 453nm on my 24g cube and they do a great job at adding a deep blue.