Ecoxotic module?

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by mulder32, Oct 5, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mulder32

mulder32 Purple Spiny Lobster

Can anyone chime in on the 24 inch ecoxotic fixture? I have a lead on a used one. I know that you cannot control the whites and blues separate, but I've read that many people use stunner strips with them to achieve the color they want and for moonlights.

According to Fosters and Smith the 24 inch fixture would be enough for my 35x18x24 tank, so I'm seriously considering it.

2. Click Here!

3. Craigar

Craigar Flamingo Tongue

Are you staying fish only

4. mulder32

No, corals too--nothing that needs high intensity lighting. My problem is the center brace I have. Probably would need two of the 17 inch fixtures instead of one 24 inch.

5. insanespain

insanespain Ocellaris Clown

I'm not that familiar with the ecoxotic fixture but I'm guessing its not gonna do it for your 65 gallon.

6. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Are we talking stunner strips or Panorama strips?

7. mulder32

8. Click Here!

9. Seano Hermano

These modules from Ecoxotic run the Panorama strips. They are currently out of stock as they are in production for their newer version, which is about half the thickness of the old fixture. IIRC, this fixture should be running the Panorama Pro RGB strips (5 of them to be exact, and more can be added). I do not have a number for you, but I do remember seeing a par reading from MACNA for these new lights over the Ecoxotic 24g.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  10. Broaner

Broaner Feather Duster

Wait for the new module! The new ones are awesome comparatively. 19w new vs 12w old and the light is much more spread. This is great IMO. The old panorama's caused very narrow bands of color differentiation.

For light comparison I'm running 2 new panorama's(19w) and 1 12 w on my biocube 29 and it does great. With the new fixture having 5 panorama's and the room to add 1 more or add stunners I think you will love it! I'm planning to run exclusive ecoxotic stuff on my 93 cube.

11. Seano Hermano

I am considering running 4 Panorama RGB strips on my 29g.

12. Craigar

Craigar Flamingo Tongue

I would do the new panorama pros I'm really impressed with them check my tank out on marineengineers.com look under the ecoxotic write up on my 90 gallon bow front 30" deep tank I'm running two of the 19 w white and blue strips and they light my whole tank up. Granted that tank is my fish only tank but those LEDs pack some punch