Ecotech VorTech MP40

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Lunchbox, Sep 15, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

It won't matter if it was new in box. They carry a one year warranty, so that should cover any problems for the foreseeable future.

2. Click Here!

3. Lunchbox

Lunchbox Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

That's what I thought when we made the purchase. No worries.;D

4. Lunchbox

Lunchbox Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

The only problem I have is that I will definitely need 2. For now I will guess I will run one of the Koralia's till I can get another one in a few months.

5. adam

adam Montipora Digitata

I guess as long as you have some warranty paper and the manufacturer still covers it if bought on ebay. I guess if you buy it from a reputable ebay company online with high feedback you should be ok. That Fish Place in lancaster PA was selling them with 15% last week but I think they were out of stock anyway.

6. Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie Feather Duster

If reef is the one were the color is yellow, that is where I have mine-long-short pulse did not seem right and Lagoon seems like to long for some peak power.

I have the MP20 and both are set about 100% power, maybe 90%. I second helps out.

1 person likes this.
  7. Geoff

Geoff Teardrop Maxima Clam

Ecotech will repair, under warranty, the vortechs no matter where it was bought as long as it's in the years warranty. They go by the serial numbers on the controller so no receipt is needed.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. gotcha

gotcha Plankton

I have used a MP 20 in my RSM for about a year no issues. I just got a MP 40 to add more current and its about 3 weeks old and the reefcrest yellow light is either out or it is now white. all the other colors are still there yet the yellow is now white in color. Anyone know if these are individual lights in the controller or had issues like this. I hate when things are not the color they are suppose to be :-[

10. Reefnjunkie

WOW-how odd, after all the praise one of mine shuts down again-cleaned it up and after a few tweaks alls good. I do have a call in to Ecotech, at 300.00 a PH I should not have to "tinker" around with it like I do-IMO.
    Still happy with it, just seems a bit strange:confused:

11. Reefnjunkie

Contact Ecotech 610-954-8480
    The only time mine is white is when I put it in "feed" mode and at that time it is "pulsing" not solid.
    Sounds like something isn't right.

By the way Welcome to 3Reef!

12. gotcha

gotcha Plankton

Thank you for the phone number and all. Saved me a little time. The Pump died last night and started blinking all the colors except for the yellow and pump went into limbo and there is no way to reset it it just blinks. Time to give Ecotech a call. It is definately in the controller - some glitch.

Thanks everyone.

I still love these pumps ever since I put my first MP 20 in my RSM. Best pumps and wavemaker option I think there is even if you get a bad pump once and a while like I just did.